If you’re like me, this is the time of year where you start to make a mental list of resolutions you want to make or things you want to give up.
Let’s face it, I’ve probably never stuck to a single resolution for an entire year so instead of trying to list 10 things that I know I won’t stick to, I’ll list off things that I know I want to accomplish or work towards in 2018.
- Be present. I’ll be the first one to admit that I am hooked to social media. I want to make a very conscious effort to be more present and put my phone down both when I’m around people and when I’m not. It’s not going to be easy but it’s time to disconnect a bit.
- Exercise regularly. I’m not going to commit to some insane workout schedule that I a) won’t enjoy or b) necessarily always have time for. Instead, I can make an achievable goal of 4 workouts per week. If I can’t stick to that then, well, I’m hooped!
- Spend more time with family. My mom lives in Whistler (Whistler!!!) and I don’t spend nearly enough time with her. People would kill to have a place in that gorgeous village and I take it for granted. It’s time to enjoy more days up in the mountains and use that time and space to clear my head of every day “stuff”. It’s good for the soul. I could also really work on being in touch with my sister and nieces much much more. They live in Poland so it’s really challenging with a 9 hour time difference but that’s just an excuse! The same goes for my soon-to-be sister in law and her little family. Watching our little nephew grow up is awesome and I’d like to be a part of much more.
- Paint more. Painting has always been a passion of mine and I very rarely do it. My mom just brought down some of my paintings from Whistler and I have to say I miss it! It’s time to buy some canvases, create some pieces and either sell them or gift them to friends.
- Buy less but buy quality. When it comes to shopping, I’m a deal finder. I have a lot of crap in my closet but I want to start moving towards being a bit more of a clothing minimalist but including very good and high quality pieces. It’s a girl thing! ☺️
- Make positive changes. Get rid of what’s eating you up inside. Do things that will make you a better person. Work towards goals, whether personal or professional. Don’t be afraid to take risks. And lastly, sometimes it’s ok to be selfish because if you don’t do you, no one else will! This might come with sacrifices but hey c’est la vie!
I’m wishing anyone who reads this a very wonderful, prosperous and inspiring 2018. I hope that everyone can find a little bit of inspo in this post. Everything is possible if you just believe.