As we near the Holidays, I thought it might be fitting to share some of the cosmetics I use on the daily. To be quite honest, I use very little for my skin but the items I use, I absolutely love. These products can make wonderful stocking stuffers for the important ladies in your life! Here’s a quick little review on each:
- Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser – If you’re like me and get really lazy at the end of the night (and often fall asleep with your makeup on!), look no further as this cleanser literally dissolves the make up off your face. There’s no need for wipes or scrubbing because this product will wash everything away. (Price – approximately $8.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Chanel Chance Perfume – What girl doesn’t love a little Chanel in her life?! A day doesn’t go by where I don’t receive a compliment on my perfume. Chanel perfumes have always been crafted with elegance in mind. Their fragrances are sure to please just about anyone but if you’re not into the strong perfume scent, they also have an Eau De Toilette Spray. (Price – Perfume will cost approximately $160 for a 100ml whereas the Eau De Toilette is right around the $100 mark)
- L’Oreal Professionel Colour Corrector Expert Serie Blondes – Calling all of my blonde babes: If you thought purple shampoo was life, you HAVE to try this stuff! I bought this in a duo pack with L’Oreal purple shampoo and have since put the shampoo on the back burner. The pigment in this tube is more dark blue than it is purple. My shower was an absolute disaster when I first tried this but it works like a charm. Blonde processed hair can get so brassy after a while. The great thing with this is that it acts like a conditioner even though it might not truly be one. This colour corrector instantly neutralizes yellowish tone for natural looking blonde hair. You’ll thank me later! (Price – approximately $26.00 and can be found at beauty supply stores or online)
- M.A.C Lipglass in Please Me – Lately, I refuse to leave the house with out this pretty little number. Whether you are blonde or brunette, this tone will make your lips look shiny and sexy! Disclaimer: it has quite a bit of coverage so if you’re not used to wearing much on your lips, this might be a big change! The best part about shopping at M.A.C is their Back-to-M.A.C program. Bring 6 empty containers back and redeem for a free lipstick. (Price – approximately $21.00 but it’s worth every penny)
- Skoah. Hydradew Mask – If you know me well, you know that I don’t use any cosmetics for my face except for a bit of moisturizer (aka body lotion) and the bit of make up I wear. Recently my face started to feel very tired and regardless of how many hours of sleep I got, and how much water I drank, my face felt like cardboard. I reached out to my friends and this was one of their recommendations. It’s been such a little game changer, I’m SO pleased! The container looks small but it’s actually deceiving how much is in there. I generally put it on right before bed and sleep in it. It IS a mask but you don’t have to wash it off. It’s completely okay to even wear it under your make up for that extra little bit of hydration during the day. Bonus: it smells like heaven. (Price – approximately $50 at Skoah.)
And that’s all guys! Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise…get shopping!